The story of Segale Properties began in 1909, when an Italian immigrant farmer, Louis Segale, purchased the family’s first land in the Tukwila valley. Louis continued to make land purchases that would be small but important beginnings for Segale Properties current real estate holdings.
In 1953, Louis’ son, Mario Segale, founder of Segale Properties, started a construction business, M.A. Segale, Inc., with a single dump truck in the same Tukwila valley. Mario, and his wife, Donna, worked side-by-side to grow the company through hard work and ingenuity. Mario’s keen business insight, dedicated employees, strategic risks, and strong determination were essential to the success of the company. Following Mario and Donna’s lead, their four children grew up working for the company and significantly contributed to its growth; all four are now a part of the management structure.